Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Evert Hoff <ev...@pixie.co.za> on 2002/06/15 03:55:06 UTC

Re: [HttpClient] Has HttpMultiClient been released?

No, but you can get it in CVS.

I don't think we should release it yet. I think we should first merge
HttpClient and HttpMultiClient into one, because there really isn't
sense in having two separate classes.

Evert

Posted by Evert Hoff <ev...@pixie.co.za>.
I also haven't looked at the features of HttpURLConnection in 1.4
thoroughly, but I couldn't see any improvements. HttpURLConnection still
doesn't reuse connections as well as HttpMultiClient. I did a test with
tcpdump while downloading the same few files many times on 1.3 and then
1.4 and found in both cases that every few seconds new connections are
established and previous connections not reused. So, this hasn't
improved. The connection pooling in HttpMultiClient works much better.

Evert

Re: how can i add cli and betwixt to bugzilla?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:47:01 +0100
> From: robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: how can i add cli and betwixt to bugzilla?
>
> i'm afraid that i'm a complete know-nothing about bugzilla...
>
> betwixt and cli aren't listed as components within commons. it would be
> very useful if they could be added.
>
> how can i make this happen?

Done.

> - robert

Craig

how can i add cli and betwixt to bugzilla?

Posted by Sachin Hamirwasia <Sa...@Singnet.com.sg>.
I think Svante is quite right. We needn't have 2 variants in the API -
HttpClient and HttpMultiClient. The API should transparently handle multiple
pools for different hosts instead of providing 2 different classes for
programmers. For most practical application multi client would anyway be the
preferred choice.

Any opinions?

Posted by Svante Kleist <sv...@nemesis.se>.