Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/08 20:53:13 UTC

SQL State XCL38 "the delete rule of foreign key must be {0}..."

Someone needs to correct this message in the code.  The first word in
the description needs to be capitalized.  It was in 10.1
documentation, so I am not sure if the person working on the docs
capitalized it and it has always been lowercase or if something
regressed between 10.1 and 10.2.

Also, I recommend that the parenthesis around the second sentence be
removed. It s not necessary.

I can fix these in the docs once I have confirmation that someone has
fixed it in the code.

The current message is:

XCL38  the delete rule of foreign key  must be {0}. (The
relationship would cause the table to be delete-connected to the same table
through multiple relationships and such relationships must have the same delete
rule (NO ACTION, RESTRICT or CASCADE).)

--
Laura Stewart