Posted to oro-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2001/11/30 17:11:52 UTC

Re: Problems with non-ascii Character Encoding

>I am interested to know whether the ORO project was built with double-byte
>characters in mind.  If so, then I have found a bug and have reproducible
>case.  Otherwise, I will have to use an workaround. Your comments and
>suggestions are appreciated.

What version are you using?  Only ASCII used to be supported in
character classes, but that limitation was removed some time ago.
Rather than download 2.0.4, checkout the lateset source from CVS
which for the latest fixes.  See the CHANGES file for a history of
the most relevant changes at:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-oro/CHANGES?content-type=text/
plain

daniel

RE: Problems with non-ascii Character Encoding

Posted by Matthew Stevens <ma...@sun.com>.
Daniel,

Should have tried that first and not bother the user list.  This appears to
have fixed the problem.

thanks,
matt

I have been using 2.0.1 from January time frame.  I did read the changes,
although nothing jumped out at me, the error is clearly down deep so it
would surely be prudent to try the latest.  I will get back to you shortly.

matt