Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Holk, David A" <da...@groton.pfizer.com> on 2003/05/19 21:18:39 UTC

multiple fo:tables within a single

When I attempt to put two tables in line (one after the other) in a single
page, only the second of the two rendered by FOP.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Dave

I put a fo:block "shucks" before each table.

I expect to see:

shucks
--First Table--
shucks
--Second Table--

What I end up with is:

shucks
shucks
--Second Table--

		<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
			<fo:block>shucks</fo:block>
			<fo:table>
				<fo:table-body>
					<fo:table-column
column-width="73mm"/>
					<fo:table-column
column-width="20mm"/>
					<fo:table-column
column-width="48mm"/>
					<fo:table-column
column-width="48mm"/>
					<fo:table-column
column-width="48mm"/>
					<fo:table-column
column-width="48mm"/>
					<fo:table-column
column-width="48mm"/>
					<fo:table-row>
						<fo:table-cell
border-width="0.5mm">
							<fo:block
font-size="9pt" font-weight="bold">
                                         dfasdfasdfasdfasfdasf
                                     </fo:block>
						</fo:table-cell>
						<fo:table-cell
border-width="0.5mm">
							<fo:block
font-size="9pt" font-weight="bold">
                                        sadfsafdsafdasdf
                                     </fo:block>
						</fo:table-cell>
						<fo:table-cell
border-width="0.5mm">
							<fo:block
font-size="9pt" font-weight="bold">
                                        asdfasdfasdfasdfsadf
                                     </fo:block>
						</fo:table-cell>
						<fo:table-cell
border-width="0.5mm">
							<fo:block
font-size="9pt" font-weight="bold">
                                        Spsdfsadfsafdasfdasfdasfdsafd
                                     </fo:block>
						</fo:table-cell>
					</fo:table-row>
				</fo:table-body>
			</fo:table>
			<fo:block>shucks</fo:block>
			<fo:table>
				<fo:table-column column-width="73mm"/>
				<fo:table-column column-width="20mm"/>
				<fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
				<fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
				<fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
				<fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
				<fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
				<fo:table-header>
					<fo:table-row>
						<fo:table-cell
border-width="0.5mm">
							<fo:block
font-size="9pt" font-weight="bold">
                                         Method Name
				</fo:table-body>
			</fo:table>
		</fo:flow>
	</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

Re: multiple fo:tables within a single

Posted by Rob Stote <rs...@rogers.com>.
David

    J.Pietschmann is quite correct you stylesheet is all messed up.

Rob

Try this: sorry about the indenting.....

 <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">

  <fo:block>shucks</fo:block>

  <fo:table>
    <fo:table-column column-width="73mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="20mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>

    <fo:table-body>
     <fo:table-row>
       <fo:table-cell border-width="0.5mm"><fo:block font-size="9pt"
font-weight="bold">dfasdfasdfasdfasfdasf </fo:block></fo:table-cell>
       <fo:table-cell border-width="0.5mm"><fo:block font-size="9pt"
font-weight="bold">sadfsafdsafdasdf</fo:block></fo:table-cell>
       <fo:table-cell border-width="0.5mm"><fo:block font-size="9pt"
font-weight="bold">asdfasdfasdfasdfsadf</fo:block></fo:table-cell>
       <fo:table-cell border-width="0.5mm"><fo:block font-size="9pt"
font-weight="bold">Spsdfsadfsafdasfdasfdasfdsafd</fo:block></fo:table-cell>
     </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table-body>

 </fo:table>

  <fo:block>shucks</fo:block>

  <fo:table>

    <fo:table-column column-width="73mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="20mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="48mm"/>

    <fo:table-body>
     <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell border-width="0.5mm"><fo:block font-size="9pt"
font-weight="bold"/></fo:table-cell>
     </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table-body>

   </fo:table>

</fo:flow>

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Re: Status on the inline-container and inline elements

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
inline-container is not implement, yet.
See http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-object-inline-container

On 21.05.2003 01:05:40 Kairi Henry wrote:
> I'm trying to make an inline-container with an embedded block.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Status on the inline-container and inline elements

Posted by Kairi Henry <kh...@urbanheights.com>.
I'm trying to make an inline-container with an embedded block.

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Kairi Henry wrote:

> I've tried several things using these elements and it seems as thought the
> only thing
> I can do is change the font type and size. The inline container doesn't
> display anything at all when I to use it. Is there anyone out there that has
> had better luck?

The fo:inline-container element isn't implemented. You should have
got an error message indicating exactly this.
The fo:inline element doesn't currently implement any features
related to area generation, i.e. from the viewpoint of the
implementation it is just an alias for fo:wrapper (in fact, the
code is basically the same). Theis means
- background color and images don't work
- border and padding don't work
- space-start and space-end don't work
- font related properties *do* work (font-family, font-size,
   font-weight etc.)
- color works
- letter-spacing works
- text-decoration works
- keeps don't work, for unrelated reasons

J.Pietschmann

Status on the inline-container and inline elements

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Clay Leeds wrote:
> I don't know if this is why, but <fo:table> should be <fo:table
> table-layout="fixed"> (it probably gives an error,

No, using table-layout="fixed" actually prevents a warning about
not using table-layout="auto" (the default), because it is not
implemented.

J.Pietschmann

Re: multiple fo:tables within a single

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
I don't know if this is why, but <fo:table> should be <fo:table
table-layout="fixed"> (it probably gives an error, but you might not see
it if you don't use the -d argument (if using Command Line Interface).

HTH!

--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com