Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by ywtsang <yw...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/22 11:27:16 UTC

cluster setup

We are trying to setup a cluster of servicemix and are successful in running
the example of "cluster".

We want to test the other setup of cluster of servicemix to see if the
servicemix can provide transparent fail-over functionalitiy, but we met
difficulties in setting up this and want to seek help here.

We want to simulate a simple situation that a simple client, using
"webservice", to make request to a cluster of servicemix to query for
something. For the client, we should specify a single ip address of
servicemix server for the client to connect to. Does that mean for the
cluster of servicemix, we need to have a single servicemix instance acting
as the entry point of the cluster, and let that entry point service to do
all the "clustering" stuff (e.g. fail-over, load-balance, etc)?

Is what I am describing correct?

Is it possible that we do not have that single entry point of servicemix for
the cluster? i.e. the client can automatically "connect" to the cluster by
some means?

My main concern is that we want the "cluster of servicemix" to be "100%
available" with high scalablility using "clustering". What does the
appropriate setup of this cluster of servicemix look like?

I may be describing the problems with many unclear parts, it would be nice
to point me out for further clarification of the problems.

Re: cluster setup

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
We are currently using tibco ems but probably it will not be a big
problem to port the transport layer adapter to ActiveMQ.
If I get permission from my employer I will open source our efforts.
This could be a nice integration scenario for Servicemix.

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
---

Re: cluster setup

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: cluster setup

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Re: cluster setup

Posted by ywtsang <yw...@gmail.com>.

Re: cluster setup

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> >> as the entry point of the cluster, and let that entry point service to
> do
> >> all the "clustering" stuff (e.g. fail-over, load-balance, etc)?
> >>
> >> Is what I am describing correct?
> >>
> >> Is it possible that we do not have that single entry point of
> servicemix
> >> for
> >> the cluster? i.e. the client can automatically "connect" to the cluster
> >> by
> >> some means?
> >>
> >> My main concern is that we want the "cluster of servicemix" to be "100%
> >> available" with high scalablility using "clustering". What does the
> >> appropriate setup of this cluster of servicemix look like?
> >>
> >> I may be describing the problems with many unclear parts, it would be
> >> nice
> >> to point me out for further clarification of the problems.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: cluster setup

Posted by ywtsang <yw...@gmail.com>.