Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by ChiaHung Lin <ch...@nuk.edu.tw> on 2011/08/18 14:10:54 UTC

Shutdown GroomServer problem

When working on the issue HAMA-398, there is a requirement to close some function, but while checking bin/hama-daemon.sh, it seems we directly kill GroomServer process without calling close().

Do we have alternative way to gracefully shutdown GroomServer? Or where might be the right place to spot at?

Thanks.

--
ChiaHung Lin
Department of Information Management

Re: Shutdown GroomServer problem

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.
We should definitely rewrite those scripts and add start and stop
conditions.
We can wait for the shutdown for a configured time, if the processes hasn't
stoped after that limit we can kill them.

Would you open an issue for it or should I do? :)
Thanks for the observation :D

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin