Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Jamie Murray <Ja...@D2L.com> on 2015/01/13 17:37:22 UTC

Phoenix 4.2.2 compatibility with HBase 0.98.9

Hello!

We have recently updated our Hbase to 0.98.9 and we are now getting this error

Error: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DoNotRetryIOException: java.io.IOException: Class org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl cannot be loaded

When attempting to connect to Phoenix 4.2.2 (sqlline.py).    I am just wondering if anyone has gotten these 2 versions to work together nicely and we should be looking elsewhere for the origin of this error.

Thanks,

Jamie

Re: Phoenix 4.2.2 compatibility with HBase 0.98.9

Posted by Jeffrey Zhong <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
Strictly speaking Hbase master doesn't need Phoenix coprocessor class
while since 0.98.9 Hbase does sanity check(hbase-12573) to make sure all
needed coprocessor classes exist assuming jars in hbase master & region
servers' class path. I think this is fine because binaries of hbase master
& region server should be kept same to make operations easier.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: Phoenix 4.2.2 compatibility with HBase 0.98.9

Posted by Jamie Murray <Ja...@D2L.com>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.