Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Bright <Pe...@orbian.com> on 2004/03/30 17:23:18 UTC

multiproject + javadoc

Hello.

I have a project that looks like:

root project
 \subprojects
  \subproject a
   subproject b
   subproject c

I'd like to generate a single set of javadoc documents for the entire thing.
One can sort of frig it by setting the root project's sourceDirectory to
something such as "subprojects"; the javadoc goal will then find all the
java files contained therein and build the docs.  But that's not quite what
I want; I want the javadoc generation to abide by the subprojects'
sourceDirectories and also to abide by the subprojects' dependencies (so
that it builds a proper classpath and stops complaining about all the things
it doesn't understand).

Is this doable with the current javadoc plugin?

It might be nice to do the same with jxr, too.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Orbian Management Limited. It is intended solely for the named addressee(s) and may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent.
Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attached documents.
Any opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and are not given or endorsed by Orbian unless otherwise clearly indicated.
Orbian has scanned this e-mail for viruses but accepts no liability or responsibility for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Orbian domain.

Re: multiproject + javadoc

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Peter Bright wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have a project that looks like:
>
> root project
>  \subprojects
>   \subproject a
>    subproject b
>    subproject c
>
> I'd like to generate a single set of javadoc documents for the entire thing.
> One can sort of frig it by setting the root project's sourceDirectory to
> something such as "subprojects"; the javadoc goal will then find all the
> java files contained therein and build the docs.  But that's not quite what
> I want; I want the javadoc generation to abide by the subprojects'
> sourceDirectories and also to abide by the subprojects' dependencies (so
> that it builds a proper classpath and stops complaining about all the things
> it doesn't understand).
>
> Is this doable with the current javadoc plugin?

I'm doing this sort of thing using a some jelly.  Take a look at the
xjavadoc goal in the following:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon/merlin/maven.xml

Cheers, Stephen.