Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com> on 2013/11/12 10:30:33 UTC

[ASF4.2.1] Upgrade from 2.2.14 to 4.2 fails

For benefit of others I am forwarding email from Amin who has successfully tested upgrade from 2.2.14 to 4.2.1.

-abhi

On 12/11/13 12:47 pm, "Amin Samir" <am...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Abhi,

I just succeeded in upgrading from 2.2.14 to 4.2, my environment used to be virtualized on virtual box, there is where i kept facing issues and making exceptions in the my sql database to have the 2.2.14 running, and then the upgrade kept failing with the below errors.

however i have eliminated the virtualization from the upgrade had all the Management server, storage, and hosts on the physical machine, and then the migration went smoothly, I followed 4.2 release document.

One more comment from using cloud stack documentation is that it lacks so much, better resources to use and will save you time is Citrix CloudPlatform documentation, it is more organized and accurate and will surely save you time.

Amin.

Re: [ASF4.2.1] Upgrade from 2.2.14 to 4.2 is successful

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.
We tested on Xenserver, there are were some missteps initially.
Will see if things are not clear in upgrade docs and rectify.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
I tested KVM.

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
Wei and Abhi,