Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Akins <ba...@web.turner.com> on 2004/01/27 22:38:34 UTC

adding output filters in quickhandler

Possible bug:

If I add an output filter in the quickhandler for something like /foo/
and later mod_dir changes it to /foo/index.html, my output filter is
never ran.

Is this why mod_cache cannot cache things that end in /.  This just
seems broken...

--
Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer

Re: adding output filters in quickhandler

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Quick handlers are not for filtering content.  Quick handlers assume
all responsibility for the request, e.g. proxy content servers.  In fact this
particular hook was debated for quite a while (with some believing it was
inherently a bad thing.)

I don't believe that redirects have the opportunity to do a quick handler,
because the quick handler exists to map a request 1:1 to a result.

Bill