Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Martin Guerre <mg...@zeenea.com.INVALID> on 2023/04/12 09:13:53 UTC

Handle Hive table data models in Atlas

Dear Apache Atlas community,

I am contacting you regarding a requirement for which I could not find any
documentation or JIRA issue for Atlas product. I would like to retrieve
Hive table data models (Primary Keys and Foreign Key) into Atlas through
Hive Hook.

Since Hive 2.1.0, it is possible to declare Primary Keys and Foreign Keys
for Hive tables so I assumed it would be retrievable by Atlas but it is not
the case.

- Are you aware of this limitation ?
- Is it planned to handle Hive data models in Atlas in the near or far
future ?

I am staying at your disposal for additional information if needed.

Best Regards,

Martin Guerre
Connectivity Team - Zeenea

*Nantes*

Re: Handle Hive table data models in Atlas

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
Hello Martin,

Primary keys and foreign keys are not captured currently by Atlas data model for Hive. It will require updates to the data model (https://github.com/apache/atlas/blob/master/addons/models/1000-Hadoop/1030-hive_model.json) and Hive hook to capture these details.

Can you please file a JIRA at https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ATLAS/ to track this requirement?

Thanks,
Madhan