Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Marc Baiges <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/21 11:58:45 UTC

[FileUpload] uploaded files get corrupted (just few bytes....)

Hi,
I'm having some problems with my application using the FileUpload package...

I'm working with pdf files and some different users. There's a specific user
who has problems with his uploads. He sends a pdf file of different weights
(from 1mb to 5mb aprox) and the copy that is stored in the file system has
the same file size, but several bytes are changed. Normaly, are from 4 to 12
bytes, usually 4 bytes packets.
for example... a chain  "7B F6 00 43" changes into "C9 8C 45 DB", but all
the other data info has its correct values and in the correct memory
address, just these four bytes change its values. (in the pdf file, this
info belongs to pages with big images, I don't know if it could be
important...)

I'm a bit confused about this problem. I thought it could be something
related to character encoding issues, but what surprises me is that in the
same file, there same "7B F6 00 43" string has some other occurrences and
does not cause error in the other cases.

Anybody has some idea about what to investigate?

Thanks

Marc

Re: [FileUpload] uploaded files get corrupted (just few bytes....)

Posted by Marc Baiges <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure about the version... I think it's from 2004. I didn't know
about night builds.
I'm looking the logs about what have been the main changes, and there are
things like:

Bug #26194: Specify the encoding (ISO-8859-1) when converting the boundary
to a byte array.

Bug #32654: Detemining content type.

thank you Martin

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.