Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/07 06:51:03 UTC

mapred.max.tracker.failures

I am wondering what the correct behaviour is of this parameter? If it's set
to 4 does it mean job should fail if a job has more than 4 failures?

Re: mapred.max.tracker.failures

Posted by Abdelrhman Shettia <as...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Mohit ,

This is The number of failed tasks in specified job after which the job will not run on the task tracker. The job's tasks will no longer be assigned to the task tracker. However, If the same task failed more than 4 times , The job will fail regardless.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
-Abdelrahman

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
It is a per-job config which controls the automatic job-level
blacklist: If, for a single job, a specific tracker has failed 4 (or
X) total tasks, then as prevent scheduling anymore of the job's tasks
to that tracker (but we don't eliminate more than 25% of the available
trackers this way, as for a bad logic job causing failures, that'd
make the job simply hang).

--
Harsh J

Re: mapred.max.tracker.failures