Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Marc-André Laverdière <ma...@polymtl.ca> on 2014/07/22 21:33:42 UTC

Getting started in analyzing Chemistry

Hello,

I'm a PhD student working on vulnerability analysis for JEE
applications. I have selected Chemistry for analysis because it is a
large-scale project with mature code and web services.

Since the project is so big, I end up being unsure of what parts to
include and which ones to leave out.

I would like - for starters - to look at a full round-trip between a
client and a server. Which would be the minimal set of artifacts to include?

Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Doctorant - PhD Candidate

Re: Getting started in analyzing Chemistry

Posted by Marc-André Laverdière <ma...@polymtl.ca>.
Hi Florian,

Thanks for the info. I added the required jars in the analysis scope but
still nothing. I'll dig more to figure out what is going on - could be a
bug somewhere in my code :)

The SPI approach is really cool from a software engineering point of
view, but its a total pain for static analysis, essentially because a)
one gets stuck having to analyze all the implementations, even if only
one ever gets executed and b) if the instantiation is done by
reflection, the call graph may not even have an edge. Enough boring
stuff for now :)

I am trying to keep my analysis purely static. I am able to handle
simpler cases right now.

I'll try a bit more to make it work statically (I have a few cards in my
sleeves). Failing that, I'll go for what you have suggested.

Regards,

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Hi Marc-André,

Posted by Marc-André Laverdière <ma...@polymtl.ca>.
Hello,

Posted by "Huebel, Jens" <j....@sap.com>.
HI Marc-André,

Posted by Mark Streit <mc...@gmail.com>.
Marc-André

 Forgot another helpful page from Jeff Potts' site:
http://ecmarchitect.com/cmis

Posted by Mark Streit <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marc-André Laverdière <ma...@polymtl.ca>.
Thanks for the pointers.