Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Alok, Niraj" <ni...@gs.com> on 2007/07/04 07:13:36 UTC

Missing poms

Hi,

We found an issue where we had pom files missing from the remote
repository but the jar files would still get downloaded to the local .m2

Now we are seeing that the checks are stricter and if the pom is
missing, the jar doesn't get downloaded.

What could have changed ?

Thanks,
Niraj

RE: Missing poms

Posted by "Alok, Niraj" <ni...@gs.com>.
 Steve,

I was using Maven 2.0.4 before and after the strict checking started.
After looking into all the files, I saw one issue with the id in
settings.xml
Previous it was :
 <repositories>
                <repository>
                    <id>custom_name</id>
                    <name>Repository</name>
                    <url>URL</url>
                </repository>
            </repositories>

When I changed the id from some custom_name, to central, it started
working fine !

Thanks,
Niraj

I can't claim to know what's going on, but until you provide Maven
version numbers for before and after the strict checking started
happening, I'm certain that no-one will be able to help.

Steve

Re: Missing poms

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Niraj,