Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephen Connolly <st...@apache.org> on 2010/08/16 16:19:06 UTC

[ANN] Surefire 2.6 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Surefire, version 2.6

This release includes the maven-surefire-plugin, which executes the
unit tests of an application, the maven-surefire-report-plugin, which
parses surefire/failsafe test results and renders them to DOXIA
creating the web interface version of the test results, as well as the
maven-failsafe-plugin, which executes the integration tests of an
application.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-report-plugin/
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-failsafe-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
 <version>2.6</version>
</plugin>

<plugin>
 <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
 <version>2.6</version>
</plugin>

<plugin>
 <artifactId>maven-failsafe-plugin</artifactId>
 <version>2.6</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven Surefire - Version 2.6

** Bug
    * [SUREFIRE-121] - System properties set on the command line get clobbered
    * [SUREFIRE-604] - failsave plugin does not execute
post-integrateion-test phase after timeout via
<forkedProcessTimeoutInSeconds>
    * [SUREFIRE-613] - Wrong number of JUnit4 tests when running in parallel
    * [SUREFIRE-621] - Parallel test execution: Test couting and
reporting does not work with JUnit 3 TestSuites
    * [SUREFIRE-623] - Docs say that Java 1.3 is supported, but
minimum version is 1.4
    * [SUREFIRE-629] - NullPointerException in
DemultiplexingRunListener, falsely report of "No tests were executed!"
    * [SUREFIRE-630] - maven surefire plugin with parallels skips all
tests when one test has @Ignore annotation (on mac os)
    * [SUREFIRE-633] - Upgrade plexus-utils to avoid potential
deadlocks in versions prior to 2.0.5

** Improvement
    * [SUREFIRE-592] - Refactor plugins to remove duplicate code
    * [SUREFIRE-606] - Provide a way for multiple executions of
failsafe:integration-test to communicate with failsafe:verify (and the
maven-surefire-report-plugin)
    * [SUREFIRE-607] - Failsafe should create workingDirectory if it
does not exist
    * [SUREFIRE-612] - Create documentation on Junit providers
    * [SUREFIRE-615] - Surefire providers shouldn't need to download
old versions of the library
    * [SUREFIRE-617] - Support @threadSafe in surefire
    * [SUREFIRE-618] - Improve surefire parameter config
    * [SUREFIRE-619] - The surefire plugin should generate the test classpath

** New Feature
    * [SUREFIRE-576] - Have the abiltiy to remove a dependency from
the test classpath (at least optional ones
    * [SUREFIRE-598] - run maven test with customized classpath

** Task
    * [SUREFIRE-594] - Create an integration test for r897240

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Surefire 2.6 Released

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
patch applied r986189.

Re: [ANN] Surefire 2.6 Released

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ANN] Surefire 2.6 Released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ANN] Surefire 2.6 Released

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Does the issue have a patch?

Does the patch include integration tests that cover positive and
negative testing?

Is the patch against the latest code base?

Is the patch formatted using the Maven code style?

Does the patch exclude formatting changes on lines not affected by the patch?

If the answer is yes to all of the above then I will apply the patch
straight away...  If there are no's then you might have to work to
find a committer willing to champion your fix. If the answers are all
no, then sorry out of luck

-Stephen

Re: [ANN] Surefire 2.6 Released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.