Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/03 17:40:39 UTC

PDF documentation

Somewhere on the website conversion plan is "PDF version of the site".
 I've been trying it occasionally, reporting issues and working with
Lukas and Arnaud on dev@maven to fix the problems.

Here's a preview of the Struts Tiles doc that Greg has been working on:
   http://struts.apache.org/struts-tiles/struts-tiles.pdf

It's not linked into the site yet.  (Right now you have to build the
PDF plugin from source, though I hope Lukas will publish a snapshot
soon.)  Some of the relative links don't work, because their targets
are not part of this document.  What other issues do you see?

Craig, I have the changes for Shale as well, and they only affect
'build' and 'xdocs'.  I need to check them in so I can ask Lukas to
help me fix the tag reference pages.  Is that okay or should I wait
until after Monday?  Here's what it looks like so far:
   http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/struts-shale.pdf

Wendy

Re: PDF documentation

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 12/3/05, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> This looks really good. The only gripe I would have is that it would be nice
> if we could adjust the column widths in the tag attribute descriptions. As
> it is now, it looks like the space is distributed evenly between the
> columns, but it would be much better if we could shrink down the widths of
> the first and third columns to give more space to the description.

You have a talent for picking out the things I can't fix. :)  That's
actually on the PDF Plugin site as a known issue:

"There is a known problem with the PDF generation tool (Apache's FOP)
in that it doesn't allow for table structures with automatic column
widths to be generated. Widths are uniformly distributed."

--
Wendy

Re: PDF documentation

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.