Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Garrett Kane <gk...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/07/25 16:56:08 UTC

[MATH] Kalman Filter

I am having trouble understanding the output of the Kalman Filter in math
3.0 is there anyone who can explain to me what the various trigonometric,
exp, and lp_mant tables in the console output are used for? my eventual
goal is to feed output from this filter into a graphing engine to compare
real/predicted data but obviously I need to understand the output first.
Thanks
-Garrett

Re: [MATH] Kalman Filter

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:56:08AM -0400, Garrett Kane wrote:

> I am having trouble understanding the output of the Kalman Filter in math
> 3.0 is there anyone who can explain to me what the various trigonometric,
> exp, and lp_mant tables in the console output are used for? my eventual
> goal is to feed output from this filter into a graphing engine to compare
> real/predicted data but obviously I need to understand the output first.

It is difficult to figure out the problem without any actual output.

It would be even better if you could paste a small code example, together
with the observed output.

Regards,
Gilles