Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mechravi25 <me...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/08/24 14:31:33 UTC

Is SpellCheck Case Sensitive in Solr3.6.1?

Hi,

Im using solr 3.6.1 version now and I configured spellcheck by making
following changes

Solrconfig.xml:

<searchComponent name="spellcheck" class="solr.SpellCheckComponent">
<lst name="spellchecker">
    <str name="classname">solr.IndexBasedSpellChecker</str>
    <str name="spellcheckIndexDir">./spellchekerIndex</str>
    <str name="field">spell</str>
    <str name="buildOnCommit">true</str>
  </lst>
</searchComponent>

and added the following in the standard handler to include the spellcheck

	<arr name="last-components">
    		<str>spellcheck</str>
  	</arr>

Schema.xml:

<fieldType name="spell" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
  <analyzer type="index">
      <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory"/>
words="stopwords.txt"/>
    <filter class="solr.StandardFilterFactory"/>
  </analyzer>
  <analyzer type="query">
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
words="stopwords.txt"/>
    <filter class="solr.StandardFilterFactory"/>
  </analyzer>
</fieldType>

<field name="spell" type="spell" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true" />

and used the copy field to copy all the other field's value to "spelling"
field

When I try to search for "list", it does not return any suggestions; but
when I try to search for "List", it returns many suggestions (But in both
the cases, Im getting the same search result count and its not zero).
I also tried giving a different field name as "spelling" and tried to use
the same in solrconfig.xml. This is also behaving like above

Is spell check case sensitive? what I want to achieve is that I have to get
the same  suggestions when I enter both "list" and as well as "List"

Am I missing anything? Can some please guide me on this?

Thanks

Re: Is SpellCheck Case Sensitive in Solr3.6.1?

Posted by mechravi25 <me...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Kiran,

Thank you so much. Its working now

Re: Is SpellCheck Case Sensitive in Solr3.6.1?

Posted by Kiran Jayakumar <ki...@gmail.com>.
You are missing query analyzer field type: add this line in your search
component.

<searchComponent name="spellcheck" class="solr.SpellCheckComponent">
*<str name="queryAnalyzerFieldType">spell</str>*
<lst name="spellchecker">