Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by iliyas shirol <il...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/23 19:11:25 UTC

Error attaching an uploaded VHD volume to a VM

Greetings !

We downloaded a DATA disk volume (on Local Storage) of VM-1 running in a
particular zone to a webserver DOCROOT and again uploaded as a new volume
using the 'Upload Volume' feature in the webUI.

Now when we're trying to attach this volume to a new VM say VM-2 we're
encountering the below exception,

"*Cannot attach volume since there are no shared storage pools in the VM's
cluster to copy the uploaded volume to.*"

When we check the properties of the newly uploaded volume we can see that
the Storage Type is set to 'Shared'. Can anyone tell us where we're going
wrong ?

Thanks.

-- Iliyas

RE: Error attaching an uploaded VHD volume to a VM

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

An enhancement bug has been reported for supported local storage for uploaded volume. More details are @

Sanjeev

Posted by bala sundaram <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

  My bad. The volume which i used is shared not local. When creating a new
instance selecting custom size for disk creates a volume of type
shared(disk offerings are created as local). I dont have a shared
storage??? Any way it is a different issue. Will try with a local volume
again.

Thanks and Regards,
bala

Posted by bala sundaram <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shanker,

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Error attaching an uploaded VHD volume to a VM

Posted by bala sundaram <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi shanker,

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by bala sundaram <ba...@gmail.com>.