Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kyle <kl...@attitia.com> on 2005/12/04 05:53:56 UTC

Integrating tomcat 5.5.9 w/ Apache 2.0.54 --- which mod_jk

Hi folks,

Can I still use (reliably and stable[y] ) mod_jk  1.2.14.1 when
integrating TC 5.5.9 with Apache 2?

Or am I going to be forced to use mod_jk2?

MTiA

Kyle

Re: tomcat 5.5.9 w/ Apache 2.0.54 --- 'className=' no longer needed????

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Kyle wrote:
> Cheers Mark.
>
> I do realise it's all community based and GOD knows how you all find the
> time you all do already;
>
> But the docs really do get left well behind the reality sometimes.  And
> even when they do "appear" to be uptodate,
> they conflict with other info on tomcat.apache.org.

Point out the discrepancies, better yet file a bug report with a patch
to fix them, and someone will take a look. A lot of the problem, which
we have been trying to do something about where we can, is duplication.

> As a novice Open-Sourcer, it can be difficult to know where to look to
> whom to listen.

Very true. All I can really say is it gets easier with experience.

> Thanks again.

You're welcome.

Mark

Re: servet-dircetory

Posted by Sebastian Funk <se...@mac.com>.
On Dec 4, 2005, at 4:19 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On 12/4/05, Sebastian Funk <se...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I've read a book about servlets called "Java Servlet Progamming".
>> This book says I can access all my servlets - additionally to that
>> what I declared in web.xml - via
>>         http://tomcat-server:8080/servlet/myServlet
>> but I can't.
>> I get "404 Not Found". Why?
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/misc.html#invoker
thanks for that.

Best regards,
Sebastian Funk

Re: servet-dircetory

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Apache and Tomcat integration using jk2

Posted by Ayyanar Inbamohan <te...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,

 I don't have idea in integration of the Apache and Tomcat using jk2,

 but i have apache, tomcat and jk2 in place, but i don't know how to start with,

 Help required

 Thanks in advance,
 Ayyanar...

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Personals

servet-dircetory

Posted by Sebastian Funk <se...@mac.com>.
(Sorry if I sent this message twice, I didn't get the first one)
Hi,

I've read a book about servlets called "Java Servlet Progamming".
This book says I can access all my servlets - additionally to that
what I declared in web.xml - via
	http://tomcat-server:8080/servlet/myServlet
but I can't.
I get "404 Not Found". Why?

Best Regards,
Sebastian

Re: tomcat 5.5.9 w/ Apache 2.0.54 --- 'className=' no longer needed????

Posted by Kyle <kl...@attitia.com>.
Cheers Mark.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Kyle wrote:
> It sems (to me anyway) that tomcat 5.5.9  has changed in recent months
> and documentation is in somewhat of a transition period.
> So, I'm now a little lost w/r to integrating an AJP connector for Apache.
>
> In TC v4.1, server.xml had a connector;
>
>    <Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector" port="8019"
>        enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8453" acceptCount="500"
> minProcessors="10"
>    maxProcessors="200"/>
>
> But the only information I can find for TC 5.5 is;
>
>    <Connector port="8019"
>               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8453"
> protocol="AJP/1.3" />
>
> I did find one mention of a
> className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat.Ajp13Connector", but I can't find this
> Class in any jar file I've looked in so far.
>
> Is className really no longer necessary, needed or required?? Is the
> connector now bundled/integrated with Tomcat???

There was a big clean up on the connectors between 4.x and 5.x. A lot
of the old, deprecated connectors were removed including
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector

The Coyote connector is now used for HTTP and AJP. As documented at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/ajp.html className is
no longer required. You are correct that you must specify AJP as the
protocol.

Note that jk2 has also been deprecated and many features of jk2 ported
back to jk.

Re: Integrating tomcat 5.5.9 w/ Apache 2.0.54 --- which mod_jk

Posted by "Seak, Teng-Fong" <se...@yahoo.com>.
George Sexton wrote:

>Mod_jk2 is deprecated (at least it was a month ago). Use mod_jk.

    It's quite funny to notice that a deprecated stuff is called mod_jk2
while a newer one is called mod_jk :)

RE: Integrating tomcat 5.5.9 w/ Apache 2.0.54 --- which mod_jk

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
Mod_jk2 is deprecated (at least it was a month ago). Use mod_jk.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/