Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by Thomas Lustig <tm...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/24 10:58:20 UTC

Is it possible to use Junit for Deltaspike Data Module Repository testing?

Dear community,

I really like using the Deltaspikes Datamodule with its Repositories.
To improve in productivity and lower the Errors i am also writing Unittests
via JUnit.
Before i used DBUnit with Plain JPA/Hibernate inside the testcases, but i
would like
to test my deltaspike JPA repositories via JUnit - or maybe enhanced with
DBUnit.
Are there any best practises or ways how to do this?
I found some integration project that combines dbunit with Deltaspike, but
i was not able to getit running with Hibernate JPA Provider.

https://github.com/lbitonti/deltaspike-dbunit

Thanking you very much in advance for any help

Br Tom

Re: Is it possible to use Junit for Deltaspike Data Module Repository testing?

Posted by Luís Alves <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

I'm using database rider (https://github.com/database-rider/database-rider)
with DS CdiTestRunner. Something like this:

*@RunWith(CdiTestRunner.class)@DBUnitInterceptor*
public class ConfigurationRepositoryTest
{

   * @Inject*
    private ConfigurationRepository configurationRepository;

    *@Test*
   * @DataSet(value = "yml/configuration-repository-base.yml")*
    public void configurationFindAll()
    {
        assertNotNull(configurationRepository);
        assertThat(configurationRepository.findAll(), hasSize(2));
    }

I run against an H2 database.
For the service layer I prefer to use Mockito test runner.

Regards,
LA

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
hi tom,