Posted to dev@cmda.apache.org by jo...@apache.org on 2016/07/27 11:47:29 UTC

Podling Report Reminder - August 2016

Dear podling,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache
Incubator PMC. It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to
prepare your quarterly board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 17 August 2016, 10:30 am PDT.
The report for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC
report. The Incubator PMC requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks
before the board meeting, to allow sufficient time for review and
submission (Wed, August 03).

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the Incubator
PMC, and subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the
very latest you should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board
meeting.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report

----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

*   Your project name
*   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of
    the project or necessarily of its field
*   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
    towards graduation.
*   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
    aware of
*   How has the community developed since the last report
*   How has the project developed since the last report.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2016

Note: This is manually populated. You may need to wait a little before
this page is created from a template.

Mentors
-------

Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on
the Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are
following the project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms
for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Podling Report Reminder - August 2016

Posted by Jia Zhang <ji...@sv.cmu.edu>.
Dear CMDA community:

Below please find our community August Report. I have uploaded to the
Apache wiki page. As shown in the report, our community has made
significant progress from both community development and project
development with the great support from Apache Incubator Mentors.

Best regards,
Jia
===
Climate Model Diagnostic Analyzer

CMDA provides web services for multi-aspect physics-based and phenomenon-
oriented climate model performance evaluation and diagnosis through the
comprehensive and synergistic use of multiple observational data, reanalysis
data, and model outputs.

Climate Model Diagnostic Analyzer has been incubating since 2015-05-08.

  1. Enlarge the CMDA community;
  2. Develop stable platform to allow broad contributors to turn in code;
  3. Develop a streamline procedure to allow the entire community to
develop the CMDA project

aware of?

None.

In this month, the CMDA community focuses on developing the summer school
program, in order to advocate and distribute CMDA 2.0, to educate more
students on our latest product, and to attract more people to join our
community. So far, we have received about 25 graduate students who show
interest and will come to our summer school to learn CMDA 2.0 product and
the platform.

Meanwhile, with the great guidance from our mentors, the CMDA community has
learned to run the project from various aspects in an Apache way. Many
community meetings were held to streamline and develop our operation
regulations. Here we just name a few strategies. Weekly community meetings
are arranged with pre-distributed meeting agenda. Meeting invites are sent
to all community members with open access to the weekly meetings. After
each community meeting, various contributors/groups summarize their to-do
items on the community mailing list, to welcome all community members'
input. Community communication always adopts the community mailing list as
carrier. More committers join the voting group. More committers are
recommended based on their active performance in the community.

We have successfully encapsulated and deployed CMDA 2.0 onto Amazon cloud
environment, leveraging docker technology to ensure scalability. Provenance
engine is also deployed onto Amazon cloud to ensure that we gather all
provenance during the summer school for further study and development of
our project after the summer school.

Date of last release:

  2016-08-15

Posted by Jia Zhang <ji...@sv.cmu.edu>.
Dear Chris:

You the man! Thank you so much for your great support and help all the time!

I can edit now and I will turn in our monthly report now.

Best regards,
Jia

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jia Zhang <ji...@sv.cmu.edu>.
Dear Mentors:

CMDA team has prepared our Monthly report to be submitted. As Lei is tied
up, I try to upload myself.

Following your instructions, I went to:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2016. I tried to log in using my
jira account which did not work. I created an account "jiazhangcmu" and
logged in. However, it shows Immutable Page for me, and I did not see any
button for me to turn to Edit mode. I guess you may need to grant me edit
privilege? Thanks a lot for your kind help in advance.

[image: Inline image 1]

Best regards,
Jia