Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rick Tyler <ri...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/09 20:45:14 UTC

sendmail logicsheet example not working

The platform is Cocoon-2.1.6 / j2sdk1.4.2_07 / Firefox / Windows 2000.
 I downloaded mail.jar and activation.jar which are supposedly
required to use the sendmail logicsheet, put them in
c:\cocoon-2.1.6\lib\local, then said "build".  It built without any
problems and I started it using "cocoon servlet".  I connect to the
default application and everything seems to work, but the sendmail
logicsheet sample will not send mail!  I have searched far and wide
but found nothing to make it work.  Has anyone gotten the sendmail
logicsheet sample to work and if so, what did you do besides what I
have described here?  And regarding the cryptic message which appears
on the Send EMail sample application page ('Sending email from this
sample is restricted to clients accessing the server as "localhost".
So even if the client runs on the same host, it does not work if the
URL is not "http://localhost..." The sample silently fails
otherwise.'), what exactly is this garbled prose trying to say?  If it
saying that the SMTP server must be running on the same machine as
Cocoon, that is the case for my installation, yet it did not work.

Help please!

Rick Tyler

Re: sendmail logicsheet example not working

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
hi rick

take a look here
i have put an examplethat work, but a long time ago

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RecipeXSPSendMailExample

--stavros