Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2013/11/07 23:48:27 UTC

Re: the Voting Status monitor is overloaded

If the projects that are listed there cannot make the effort
to clean up, then do not be surpised if your subsequent
vote threads are overlooked. This is also not fair on the
other projects, especially new ones.

-David

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Lahiru Sandaruwan wrote:
> > --------
> > Release Apache Stratos 3.0.0 Incubating RC4
>
> Will send the result correctly again.
>
> Thanks.

Cleared now.

> > They added (passed) at the end of Subject.

FIXME: perhaps voter/voter.py needs additional code to handle such

-David

Re: the Voting Status monitor is overloaded

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi David,

Sorry for being late to act.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:40 AM, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]

> Was tallied and RESULT, but different thread with different Subject.
>
> --------
> Release Curator 2.1.0-incubating
>
> No-one did summarise.
>
> --------
> Release Apache Wave 0.4 based on RC3
>
> No-one did summarise.
>
> --------
> Accept Stratos proposal as an incubating project
>
> Was tallied, and RESULT tag
> but had "Re: " in between the tags
> 2013-06-20
> (FIXME: voter/voter.py needs additional code to handle this.)
>
> --------
> Accept Apache BeanShell in the Incubator
>
> No-one did summarise.
>
> --------
> Release Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating (RC1)
>
> No-one did tag with CANCEL
>
> --------
> helix 0.6.1-incubating
>
> Was tallied and RESULT, but different thread with different Subject.
>
> --------
> S4 0.6.0 Release Candidate 4
>
> No-one did summarise.
>
> --------
> S4 0.6.0 Incubating Release Candidate 3
>
> No-one did tag with CANCEL.
>
> --------
> Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project
>
> This was a community graduation vote.
> Used "Fwd:" but not summarised.
> (FIXME: perhaps voter/voter.py needs additional code to handle such
> "notices".)
>
> --------
>
> ---------------
> David Crossley wrote:
> > If the projects that are listed there cannot make the effort
> > to clean up, then do not be surpised if your subsequent
> > vote threads are overlooked. This is also not fair on the
> > other projects, especially new ones.
> >
> > -David
> >
> > David Crossley wrote:
> > > It seems that the brilliant "Voting Status" monitor
> > > has fallen into disrepair. Partly due to people
> > > not properly following up with a clear RESULT tally
> > > and partly perhaps inadequacies of the monitor script.
> > >
> > > Follow the top-left link from the Incubator home:
> > > http://incubator.apache.org/
> > >
> > > Items coloured any shade of orange need attention.
> > >
> > > We all need to care for these tools to assist us
> > > through incubation efficiently.
> > >
> > > Would people who have an interest in each open entry
> > > please review the email archives to see why your
> > > result summary tally email was not detected.
> > >
> > > Perhaps you forgot to prepend "[RESULT]".
> > > Or maybe changed the email Subject too and so
> > > confused the monitor.
> > >
> > > If so then please send a followup to your VOTE thread.
> > > That will cause the monitor to clear its backlog.
> > >
> > > However, i do see some that should be marked as Resolved.
> > >
> > > So maybe the script that does this scan needs tweaks
> > > to pattern matching. The code is there for all
> > > in the top-level of Incubator SVN.
> > > http://incubator.apache.org/facilities.html#voting-status
> > >
> > > Please add more instructions to the docs:

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Software Engineer,
Platform Technologies,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus

Re: the Voting Status monitor is overloaded

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
[...]

(FIXME: perhaps voter/voter.py needs additional code to handle such "notices".)

--------