Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/10 16:00:56 UTC

Power Profiling iOS Cordova WebView?

I got the following email from a different team here in IBM, was wondering
if someone has some input I can share with them.

*We are working on Battery profiling for a customer application using Xcode
instruments. We observed that once we enter in to hybrid page, application
appears hang on screen due to sync between instrument and application, it
becomes slow and inoperable.We tried instrument in defer mode but didn't
work.*
*We are able to see some data in instrument where application usage more
graphics and rendering power. This is known that UIWebView takes more power
if we load it frequently, we would like to know following things.*

*1. Does the new WebKit's WKWebView is more energy efficicient?, according
to apple they have done some optimization*

*2. How do we profile the hybrid part for energy profiling, is there any
tool available to see data?*

*Please let us know your comment.*

--Carlos

Re: Power Profiling iOS Cordova WebView?

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
I will be sure to share if any findings.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.