Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by _prasad <ku...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/26 18:35:03 UTC

Can I use ActiveMQ across different Newtworks? (SFTP protocol is workable in these 2 n/ws)

Hi,

For a new project, I have to decide whether I should go with the Active MQ
or not.
My need is :
I have 2 secured & different networks. A machine in one n/w can SFTP to the
other machine of other n/w.
I have a choice to use files for communication using SFTP . However I want
to go for JMS. I do not think file handling as a robust way to achieve my
task.
I want to know,
Can I use :- only one broker instance in one network and the processes
running on other network will subscribe to the queues of this only one
broker instance?
Is there specific protocol I have to use? Do I have to check any specific
setting (as port or protocol) from the network administration team?
In fact, is Active MQ suitable for this need ? If so is there any other
broker which support communication in between 2 highly secured and different
networks?
Any suggestion and solutions are always welcome . Also quick response is
also appreciated.

Thanks,
Prasad

Re: Can I use ActiveMQ across different Newtworks? (SFTP protocol is workable in these 2 n/ws)

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:24 PM, _prasad <ku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bruce ,
>
> Thanks, For your reply. I checked the link given by you, however I do have
> few more questions.
> Do we have to establish a separate broker for each network and then attach
> them with each other ?

Separate brokers are not required, but it would be more beneficial to
use one on each network. The reason being that the use of a broker on
each side will provide better reliability. E.g., in the event that the
connection between the brokers goes down, the client won't have keep
trying to send messages itself and be slowed down, it can simply send
messages to the local broker and those messges will be persisted
locally until the connection comes back online.

> If so, which protocol will these two brokers will use ? Is that tcp?

You can use any supported protocol, but I'd recommend starting with TCP.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: Can I use ActiveMQ across different Newtworks? (SFTP protocol is workable in these 2 n/ws)

Posted by _prasad <ku...@gmail.com>.
Bruce ,

Thanks, For your reply. I checked the link given by you, however I do have
few more questions.
Do we have to establish a separate broker for each network and then attach
them with each other ?
If so, which protocol will these two brokers will use ? Is that tcp?

Can I share the database in this case for persistence? How?

Thnaks,
Prasad

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.