Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Raúl Núñez <ra...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/04 17:43:32 UTC

Performance in lists

Hi all,
we are setting a List with virtual layout and we're getting bad
performance.We have around 109 rows. And each item renderer has 18 labels
with bindings (so around 1900-2000 labels in screen). Doesn't seems many
labels to experience a bad performance (we'll reduce as we develop, this is
just a test).

To show this list first time Royale needs 4sec, what seems many time. If I
remove the bindings and set up on dataChange in goes to 3sec.

Couldn't check if new render initializers has something to do with this
problem, since are parte of the component. Maybe someone could give us a
clue or check if there's something that can generate such bad performance.

I think Flex was not having that problem (I can't ensure since didn't try a
similar example in Flex).

Thanks.

Re: Performance in lists

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Raúl,

I think we are not dealing with height 100% in the virtual layout class.
Basic and Jewel are very similar ones in that part I think. Something to
look without doubt. Maybe I can fix it in a similar way I deal with
percentage heights in DataGrid. Will try as I get some time.

thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira