Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Florent Georges <li...@fgeorges.org> on 2010/10/01 16:05:27 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy: ProxyPass: "!" option

  Hi,

  I have a MediaWiki instance configured on /xyz (so accessible
through http://my-site/xyz/SomePage), based on the following
settings:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL/wiki/Page_title_--_Apache_rewrite--root_access

  Everything works fine.  But now, I have to use mod_proxy to
proxy the content of the whole website somewhere else.  Except,
of course, the wiki URIs.  So I added the following to my site's
config:

    ProxyRequests     Off
    ProxyPreserveHost On
    ProxyPass         /wiki !
    ProxyPass         / ...
    ProxyPassReverse  / ...

  The redirects work fine.  But I am not able to access the wiki
anymore, as if the rule "ProxyPass /wiki !" was not taken into
account (or to be fair, as if I did something wrong...)

  I guess I missed some subtleties of the ProxyPass "!" option.
Any idea?

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy: ProxyPass: "!" option