Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2004/06/01 17:14:12 UTC

Re: integrating cForms in lenya

Hans Raber wrote:

[...]

> what i've done was:
> - copy the cocoon-woody.jar from cocoon to lenya

That sounds a little strange ... I guess you should rather
enable the necessary block(s) in cocoon/local.blocks.properties.

> - modify some lenya files (usemap, menu-files, add roles to cocoon.xconf)
>
> my problem is that i've never worked with component frameworks before
> and i always get the same error message:
> "[...]/woody/flow/javascript/v2/Form.js", line 79:
>      uncaught JavaScript exception: at editDocument ([...]/test.js, Line
> 142) at Form ([...]/woody/flow/javascript/v2/Form.js, Line 79):
> org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Non-existing
> component for this hint (Key='form')

That sounds like a configuration of a component in cocoon.xconf
is missing or invalid ... Did you check the core.log file for
startup problems?

-- Andreas

Re: integrating cForms in lenya

Posted by Hans Raber <su...@superduper.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hans Raber wrote:
>

>> my problem is that i've never worked with component frameworks before
>> and i always get the same error message:
>> "[...]/woody/flow/javascript/v2/Form.js", line 79:
>>      uncaught JavaScript exception: at editDocument ([...]/test.js,
>> Line 142) at Form ([...]/woody/flow/javascript/v2/Form.js, Line 79):
>> org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Non-existing
>> component for this hint (Key='form')
>

> That sounds like a configuration of a component in cocoon.xconf
> is missing or invalid ... Did you check the core.log file for
> startup problems?

yes, startup problems was also what i thought of. but the core.log
doesn't contain any errors.
but i have no idea, why this script (i attached the script in my
however, there is a class that is called
org.apache.cocoon.woody.formmodel.Form
so, what i tried was to
a. load the package formmodel.* in the javascript
b. add a role "form" pointing to the formmodel.Form class

none of these two worked...
however...i will keep trying :)

regards, hans.