Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Felix Scheffer <fs...@netzgut.net> on 2012/04/25 15:12:22 UTC

BeanEditForm does NOT support informal parameters?

Hi,

i am using a BeanEditForm and added a class attribute to it, i.e.:

<t:beaneditform t:id="entity"  ...  class="form-horizontal" >
</t:beaneditform>

but the class attribute does not appear in the actual html code:

<form enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
onsubmit="javascript:return Tapestry.waitForPage(event);" action="..."
method="post" id="form">

BeanEditForm has the @SupportsInformalParameters annotation, so am i
missing something or is this a bug?

Tapestry version is 5.3.3

Thanks a lot!

Felix Scheffer

Re: BeanEditForm does NOT support informal parameters?

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.
fyi,
it doesn't add the class normally.
It works when adding t:mixins="renderInformals"
I'm on 5.3.2

Posted by Felix Scheffer <fs...@netzgut.net>.
Thanks guys for the quick response. Much appreciated!

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.
Cool,  good to know for future -  My n00bness is still cool too!
I've added it to the rosetta stone jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1894) for the more-than-one-way-to-skin-a-cat approach of getting stuff done in Tapestry.

Posted by Felix Scheffer <fs...@netzgut.net>.

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:37:49 -0300, Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>
wrote:

> was the sarcasm meter on that Lance?
> :)  - hard to tell at nearly midnight

I'd say that I can't think of any reason BeanEditForm shouldn't render
attributes which aren't parameters. JIRA please? :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: BeanEditForm does NOT support informal parameters?

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Hmm... that's a tricky one... I assumed that RenderInformals always added
informals to the currently rendering element but I can see that this won't
happen if an element has not been added to the MarkupWriter at
beginRender() which happens with the bean edit form. In fact,
RenderInformals won't work as expected on most components which use a
template.

You could write your own mixin to render informal parameters on the last
child of the current element (not tested)

@MixinAfter
@SupportsInformalParameters
public class RenderInformalsOnLastChild {
    @Inject
    private ComponentResources resources;

    void beginRender(MarkupWriter writer)
    {
        List<Node> children = writer.getElement().getChildren();
        Element lastChild = (Element) children.get(children.size() - 1);
        renderInformals(lastChild);
    }

    protected void renderInformals(Element element) {
        for (String name : resources.getInformalParameterNames()) {
           element.attribute(name, resources.getInformalParameter(name,
String.class));
        }
    }
}

Posted by Felix Scheffer <fs...@netzgut.net>.
Thanks! That was fast :-)

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
No sarcasm intended

It seems that the beanEditForm needs a one-liner added to it

ComponentResources.renderInformals(writer)

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.