Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Stas Oskin <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/14 15:45:24 UTC

HDFS and web server

Hi.

Has any succeed running web-server from HDFS?

I mean, to serve websites and application directly from HDFS, perhaps via
FUSE/WebDav?

Regards.

Re: HDFS and web server

Posted by Stas Oskin <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

2009/4/14 Michael Bieniosek <mi...@microsoft.com>

>  webdav server - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-496
> There's a fuse issue somewhere too, but I never managed to get it working.
>
> As far as serving websites directly from HDFS goes, I would say you'd
> probably have better luck writing a pure-java webserver that served directly
> from the java HDFS api.  I've had good experiences serving (internal tools)
> with jetty -- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Embedding+Jetty
>
> -Michael

Thanks for the advice, but I need PHP support, which Java can't probably do
much about.

Exposing HDFS via FUSE would be ideal, but from what I heard, it's not
considered very stable yet.

Might not be entirely related to this list, but what other measures can be
used to reliably replicate the content over several servers, and get it
ready for HTTP serving?

Regards.

Re: HDFS and web server