Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/07/23 09:43:24 UTC

Re: Hello

This is the origin IP of this mails. Seems like the iser is infected. I
also got a message to my apache address from Pier from the same IP:

http://www.whois.sc/80.55.87.162

I really don't care, because I don't use the MS Wirus Container at all,
but for those using it, I think it will be a good idea to forbid
attachments in mail lists.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Hello

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.
On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 10:05:37AM +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
<snip the relevant text :) />
> Anyway, every user and dev should use *nix or Mac systems anyway :) LOL.
> If somebody is using MS products that is his/her personal problem ;-). LOL

(Only slightly tongue in cheek:)
Well, they could run coLinux on windows: http://www.colinux.org/

--Tim Larson

Re: Hello

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
David Crossley wrote:

>Ugo Cei wrote:
>

>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>

>>>There is bugzilla for this. Why we need to distribute a file in a mail list?
>>>

>>Because it often happens that when a user has a problem, the reply is of
>>the kind: please send to the list a copy of the
>>{XML,XSP,XSLT,flowscript} you are using so that we can more easily
>>diagnose your problem. Of course, they could just paste a relevant
>>snippet inline, but this is not always practical. And you wouldn't want
>>to post an issue to bugzilla whenever a newbie misspells some instruction.
>>

>Why not? The Bugzilla issue can be just closed later.
>
>I believe that Antonio is correct. I don't want such junk
>sitting forever in my local email archives.

Can understand you there but I reckon if you are a "dumb" (no offense
implied) user that is overkill! As an user you want attach a file that's
it.

The other thing is that the bugzilla is IMO for issues concerning the
product. Mispelling and other "simple" errors are not issues of the product.

thorsten

Re: Hello

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

--
David Crossley

Re: Hello

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> There is bugzilla for this. Why we need to distribute a file in a mail list?

Because it often happens that when a user has a problem, the reply is of
the kind: please send to the list a copy of the
{XML,XSP,XSLT,flowscript} you are using so that we can more easily
diagnose your problem. Of course, they could just paste a relevant
snippet inline, but this is not always practical. And you wouldn't want
to post an issue to bugzilla whenever a newbie misspells some instruction.

	Ugo

Re: Hello

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Thorsten Scherler dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>This is the origin IP of this mails. Seems like the iser is infected. I
>>also got a message to my apache address from Pier from the same IP:
>>
>>http://www.whois.sc/80.55.87.162
>>
>>I really don't care, because I don't use the MS Wirus Container at all,
>>but for those using it, I think it will be a good idea to forbid
>>attachments in mail lists.
>>
>>WDYT?
>>
> Yeah, but that kind of sucks!

why?

> If some user wants to attach some files of the problem he has, he will
> have a *big* problem if we forbid attachments! That could be overcome by
> attaching the files to a wiki-page but then we would end up with
> millions of "trash" wiki pages.

There is bugzilla for this. Why we need to distribute a file in a mail list?

> Anyway, every user and dev should use *nix or Mac systems anyway :) LOL.
> If somebody is using MS products that is his/her personal problem ;-). LOL

LOL :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Hello

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>This is the origin IP of this mails. Seems like the iser is infected. I
>also got a message to my apache address from Pier from the same IP:
>
>http://www.whois.sc/80.55.87.162
>
>I really don't care, because I don't use the MS Wirus Container at all,
>but for those using it, I think it will be a good idea to forbid
>attachments in mail lists.
>
>WDYT?

Yeah, but that kind of sucks!

If some user wants to attach some files of the problem he has, he will
have a *big* problem if we forbid attachments! That could be overcome by
attaching the files to a wiki-page but then we would end up with
millions of "trash" wiki pages.

Anyway, every user and dev should use *nix or Mac systems anyway :) LOL.
If somebody is using MS products that is his/her personal problem ;-). LOL

King regards
thorsten