Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by Amey Rokde <ar...@voiceobjects.com> on 2006/12/01 09:41:10 UTC

RE: Sending Attachments using WSIF

Hi Alex
Thanks for replying

I am not sure of your entire questions my comments included

in general WSIF sits on top of WSIF provider such as axis or apache soap
and can do only as much as provider can do. did  were you able to send
attachments using the underlying provider (was it AXIS1?) directly?

----we are using axis 1.2 and were able to send attachment to it using SOAP UI toolkit.

maybe you could try different version of soap toolkit?

-- i dont understand what you mean by this ?

and what exactly version of WSIF did you try  - was it the latest?

-- no we are not using the latest version.We are using wsif 1.0. Do you think shifting to latest version would make any difference.

Also i would like to ask you whether the following scenario will work or not
We need to send attachments to webservice method which does not define int its parameters any thing related to attachment to be precise datahandler
Only wsdl binding sections includes attachment information.Will this work without service method specifying the parameter for attachment.
If so how one can achieve this using wsif

thanks a lot
Amey

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Amey Rokde wrote:
> Hi Alex
> Thanks for replying
>
> I am not sure of your entire questions my comments included
>
> in general WSIF sits on top of WSIF provider such as axis or apache soap
> and can do only as much as provider can do. did  were you able to send
> attachments using the underlying provider (was it AXIS1?) directly?
>
> ----we are using axis 1.2 and were able to send attachment to it using SOAP UI toolkit.

is it the same version as it is used by WSIF (see lib directory)?
> maybe you could try different version of soap toolkit?
>
> -- i dont understand what you mean by this ?
>
> and what exactly version of WSIF did you try  - was it the latest?
>
> -- no we are not using the latest version.We are using wsif 1.0. Do you think shifting to latest version would make any difference.

there was only 2.x version of WSIF - the latest version had several
fixes to work with recent AXIS1 and WSDL4J
check it out from SVN or http://people.apache.org/dist/ws/wsif/
> Also i would like to ask you whether the following scenario will work or not
> We need to send attachments to webservice method which does not define int its parameters any thing related to attachment to be precise datahandler
> Only wsdl binding sections includes attachment information.Will this work without service method specifying the parameter for attachment.
> If so how one can achieve this using wsif

the service that receives message sent by you will need to understand
attachments.

HTH,

alek