Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Richard W. Adams" <RW...@UP.COM> on 2013/06/13 15:57:31 UTC

Form Submitting Component

When I submit a form via an AjaxSubmitLink, form.findSubmittingButton()
returns null, even though I called form.add(theLlink). Is this expected
behavior? I know the findSubmittingButton() method says "button," but it
returns an IFormSubmittingComponent, so I would expect it could return
either a button or a submitting link.

I need to distinguish between the various links/buttons that can submit
the form. Is this not possible with an AjaxSubmitLink? I'm using Wicket
1.4.17.

From:   Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   06/13/2013 07:53 AM
Subject:        Re: wicket and JPA

Please read "9.6 Detachable models" of the Wicket Free Guide and come
back with your questions.

Sven

On 06/13/2013 01:20 PM, Boris Brinza wrote:
> Hello to all,
> I have some fundamental issues with integration of jpa into wicket.
> I develop web application using wicket 6 and JPA (eclipselink). Maybe
> next question is more JPA oriented, but nevertheless:
>
> Lets say i have
> class BaseDetailPage<T extens BaseDO> extends WebPage {
>     protected <T> dbEntity;
>
> }
>
> where dbEntity is instance of jpa persisted object.
> BaseDetail page contains form for editing db entity using
> CompoundPropertyModel.
>
> After i open detail page, entity is read from DB and page is displayed
> (if edit button is pressed) or i create new instance of object (if add
> button is pressed).
>
> After submit, if i want to add new record, everything is clear, i call
> beginTX(), entityManager.persist(dbEntity), commitTX().
>
> But what about updating existing record?
>
> Every example for JPA shows some basic code like this:
> beginTX()
> dbObject.setXXX();
> dbObject.setYYY();
> commitTX()
>

> But how to integrate this into wicket form using compound property
model?
> There is no such code for setting properties of db object, and jpa
> does not have anything like entityManager.update().
>
> Now i use hack (by my opinion it';s a hack)
>
> beginTX()
> entityManaget.detach(dbObject);
> entityManager.merge(dbObject)
> commitTX()
>
> but i am not sure, if it's right solution (or i'm almost sure it's not
> right attitude)
>
> Is there any tutorial how to integrate these frameworks, or some
> simple opensource project to check how it's solved?
>
> Thanks for any advice,
> Boris

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**