Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Bracewell, Robert" <rb...@qualcomm.com> on 2008/11/12 18:48:21 UTC

Maven and various test strategies

Looking for insight's into how other users are managing unit and integration tests in current 2.0.x.
At the moment the projects I have store unit tests under **/unit/** and integration tests under **/it/**
I have compiler and surefire plugin configurations to exclude it tests and then have a separate profile which can be invoked which excludes the unit tests.

However its problematical to get a surefire report that includes both the unit and it test results as any kind of clean that is run will remove the xml files from any previous run which are used during the site creation to create the test report.

Does anyone use a similar approach and have distinct unit and it surefire reports created or even a report that includes both?

I know this is changing in Maven 2.1 but I need to resolve this now and can't wait for a 2.1 release.

--
Robert

RE: Maven and various test strategies

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com>.
Couldn't you point the output directories to the same location?  I guess
that would merge your unittests and integration tests.

Also, you can always write your own reporting plugin to cover
integration tests.