Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by rols <ro...@rols.org> on 2001/01/22 20:37:55 UTC

why is this commented out?

Hi,
	My first post to the list .... :-)

	I have been using org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat
and had not managed to get it to output a  DOCTYPE element from
the DocType of the document. I actually had to setDoctype myself.

	I looked quickly at the code and found that whichDoctypePublic
and whichDoctypeSystem (lines 881 and 905) have the code to do
this correctly, but it's commented out with the comment
    /* XXX Delayed until DOM Level 2 is introduced into the code base

since this codebase now does have DOM Level 2 in it, should those
two pieces of code not now be uncommented at which point the
OutputFormat code should do the right thing?

Thanks

Roland

Re: why is this commented out?

Posted by Elena Litani <hl...@jtcsv.com>.