Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ignacio de Córdoba <ic...@skios.es> on 2009/04/08 19:34:04 UTC

Invoking a method in the Action from a FreeMarker template

Hi there,
I am trying to invoke a method in a struts2 action from a FreeMarker
template. To do this, I "put" the action as an object named "action" and
then I reference it, for example, as:

		<#list action.sortedFields as field>

(Sorted fields is a method: getSortedFields())

this works OK, but I cannot invoke methods with parameters... not just
getters. For example I try:

${action.getTheFieldEntry(7)}

I get

freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression
action.getTheFieldEntry(7) is undefined on line 6, column 57 in
formprocessor/formEntryMail.ftl.

(getTheFieldEntry has the following signature:
	public String getTheFieldEntry(int fieldId){...}
)

Is it only possible to invoke object getters and setters? I've read
Fremarker docs and regular methods can be invoked.

Thanks for any help,
Ignacio