Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry Jennings <Je...@mail.westerngraphics.org> on 2002/06/20 21:17:45 UTC

getSession always returns null

I have setup Apache with Tomcat on my NetWare 6.0 server.  Everything is working fine (so far) except for getSession always returns null.  The Session example servlet as well as every test I have tried has had the same result.  Has anyone else experience this problem?  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Re: getSession always returns null

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Jerry,

don't you need to do getSession(true) in order for getSession to
return a non-null session whether one exists currently or not?

If you just call getSession(), it will return null if the current
session is null (not created yet).

Jake

--
Best regards,