Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Suba Arunkumar <su...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/13 07:31:55 UTC

[users@httpd] user dir for user home directory

I am trying to activate the user dir for user home
directory by uncommenting the lines for user dir.

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
IncludesNoExec
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

Even after this step if i go to Http://127.0.0.1/~user

it doesn't work. I have virtual host settings and all
of my virtual hosts are working.

In the error log it's showing that the webwage is
trying to access the user home dir from the apache
document root.

Any suggestion please?

Regards

Re: [users@httpd] user dir for user home directory

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Suba Arunkumar wrote:
> Even after this step if i go to Http://127.0.0.1/~user
>
> it doesn't work. I have virtual host settings and all
> of my virtual hosts are working.
>
> In the error log it's showing that the webwage is
> trying to access the user home dir from the apache
> document root.

Starting by looking at the UserDir directive, both in httpd.conf and in
the documentation.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] user dir for user home directory

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Suba Arunkumar wrote:
> <Directory /home/*/public_html>
>     AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
>     Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
> IncludesNoExec
>     <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
>         Order allow,deny
>         Allow from all
>     </Limit>
>     <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
>         Order deny,allow
>         Deny from all
>     </LimitExcept>
> </Directory>
>
> Even after this step if i go to Http://127.0.0.1/~user
>
> it doesn't work. I have virtual host settings and all
> of my virtual hosts are working.

Is mod_userdir loaded or compiled in? What platform and Apache version are
you using?

Regards,
Robert Andersson