Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Quintin Beukes <qu...@last.za.net> on 2009/10/18 17:58:19 UTC

Mirrors

Hey,

I have my nexus repository set up to have all requests proxy through
it. But it still does checks like the following:
snapshot org.apache.geronimo.plugins:connector:2.2-SNAPSHOT: checking
for updates from central
snapshot org.apache.geronimo.plugins:connector:2.2-SNAPSHOT: checking
for updates from codehaus.snapshots
snapshot org.apache.geronimo.plugins:connector:2.2-SNAPSHOT: checking
for updates from apache.snapshots

Isn't there a way for it to realize those last to checks are redundant
and only do the first?

Quintin Beukes

Re: Mirrors

Posted by Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za>.
On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu> wrote:
> Maven still has these repositories configured internally even though
> you most likely have a mirror definition to redirect these to Nexus.
> The mirror definition applies at the end of the lookup processing and
> Maven doesn't currently deduplicate the repository definitions.
> Fortunately, Nexus is caching the results so subsequent checks happen
> instantly without rechecking a remote.

I did notice they go very quickly, and figured it's the cache - so
it's not a problem that it happens. Just thought if it could be
skipped it would have been a bit better.

Re: Mirrors

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.