Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2009/01/31 18:26:43 UTC

Proposed use of org.apache.wiki name space for JSPWiki

The JSPWiki podling has encountered a glitch in plans to change the
package name from com.ecyrd.jspwiki (the package name of the donated
code base) to org.apache.jspwiki (the original intent).

Due to a bug in the Apache Tomcat project, the name org.apache.jspXXX
is not usable as a package name. This is documented at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-465

The direction the team is taking is to use org.apache.wiki as the
package name for the project files. You can see the discussion at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-38

Since this is a change from what most folks would expect and a change
from the original intent, I thought I'd see if there were any issues
from anyone in the incubator.

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Proposed use of org.apache.wiki name space for JSPWiki

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
>> The JSPWiki podling has encountered a glitch in plans to change the package
>> name from com.ecyrd.jspwiki (the package name of the donated code base) to
>> org.apache.jspwiki (the original intent).
>>
>> Due to a bug in the Apache Tomcat project, the name org.apache.jspXXX is not
>> usable as a package name. This is documented at
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-465
>>
>> The direction the team is taking is to use org.apache.wiki as the package
>> name for the project files. You can see the discussion at
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-38
>>
>> Since this is a change from what most folks would expect and a change from
>> the original intent, I thought I'd see if there were any issues from anyone
>> in the incubator.
>
> org.apache.wiki sounds reasonable enough to me (given the context)

Interesting to call a "bug" a "glitch", but I have no problems with
the suggested work-around. There are a few other exceptions to the
rule, so it is not setting a precedent either.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Proposed use of org.apache.wiki name space for JSPWiki

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

http://www.jwiki.org/

RE: Proposed use of org.apache.wiki name space for JSPWiki

Posted by Gavin <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Gav...

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.