Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kat Luna <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/25 16:53:16 UTC

Action needs to forward to different windows

Hi all, I hope someone can help me.

I have an struts application that contains a menu page.  Each item in the menu
should open in a new browser window.  I've set these up as link tags that
forward to an action (test.do) with target=_blank so the resulting jsp will
open in a new window.

Here's my problem.... if an error occurs (the action forwards to "failure"), I
am displaying error.jsp, but right now it displays in the NEW window.  What I'd
really like is the error.jsp to replace the menu page and no new window opens.
Is it possible to switch targets in the action or struts-config so that I can
have target=_blank for success and target=_self for failure?

Or can anyone suggest another way to do this?

thanks!

Kat