Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Drew Bertola <dr...@jupiterhosting.com> on 2006/12/29 21:56:53 UTC

Output Filter help...

Hi, I'm very new to writing apache modules, so I need some help.

I'm trying to write a module that will insert some text into the
contents of every page.  On apache 1.3, we could use mod_layout, but
this seems very broken and unsupported on apache 2.x, so...

I've been digging around as much documentation as I can find, but it's
all either outdated, or doesn't adequately cover my particular questions.

So, is this the right place to be asking for help or are there better
places to ask?

Does any one know of an output filter module similar to the one I
described that I can peek at?  (I've looked through mod_deflate's code,
but that left me with more questions than answers.)

Drew