Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net> on 2003/11/06 19:25:48 UTC

sandbox/ThreadPool change pending

Folks,

I have commit access, but not inclination without discussion, to make
some changes to sandbox/threadpool...

Basically, I'd like make a _backwards_ _compatible_ change to ThreadPool
that allows the user to choose not not in any way use Commons-Logging.
As in not depend on the jar.  The default operation would be to use
commons logging of course, thus making this backwards compatible.

The idea is best documented here by Leo Sutic :-
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonNoLogging
Note the change I have ready is not introducing a dependancy on Avalon
or any other package to the codebase.

I'll attach the source/patch to a following email.

Regards,

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...

Re: sandbox/ThreadPool change pending

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net>.
> I'll attach the source/patch to a following email.

This one hopefully....

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net>.
Folks,

> I have commit access, but not inclination without discussion, to make
> some changes to sandbox/threadpool...
>
> Basically, I'd like make a _backwards_ _compatible_ change to
> ThreadPool that allows the user to choose not not in any way use
> Commons-Logging. As in not depend on the jar.  The default operation
> would be to use commons logging of course, thus making this backwards
> compatible.
> The idea is best documented here by Leo Sutic :-
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonNoLogging
> Note the change I have ready is not introducing a dependancy on Avalon
> or any other package to the codebase.

Applied.

- Paul