Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2003/03/10 21:40:21 UTC

xincluder and pdfbox

1) http://xincluder.sourceforge.net/ is Eliotte Rusty Harold's Java
implementation of the XInclude spec. When inquiring him about the LGPL
license attached to it, he told me he was willing to consider alternate
licenses given some genuine request/interest from an established open
source project.

2) http://www.pdfbox.org/ is a library for extracting text from PDFs
(full-text searching with Lucene of PDF documents is made possible
through this). The author has switched licenses from LGPL to BSD per my
request.

Just fyi, maybe someone finds some reason to use them over here or in
some other Apache projects. I made the enquiries because of the
clarified ASF policies w.r.t. use of LGPL libraries from within Apache code.

Cheers,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: xincluder and pdfbox

Posted by Tony Collen <tc...@neuagency.com>.
On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Steven Noels wrote:

> Just fyi, maybe someone finds some reason to use them over here or in
> some other Apache projects. I made the enquiries because of the
> clarified ASF policies w.r.t. use of LGPL libraries from within Apache code.

Steven, you are like the license GoonSquad :)  "Switch licenses or else!!"
:D

Tony