Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by "McParland, John" <jo...@cgi.com> on 2016/11/03 14:35:31 UTC

Review of KNOX-757

Hi all,

I've completed my first bit of development work on Apache Knox - KNOX-757.

I had thought to submit a pull request (see https://github.com/apache/knox/pull/5) but I've since re-read the contribution guide to see that a patch is required, so I've attached one to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KNOX-757

I'm keen for any feedback - as much on how I should follow the process of committing to Knox master as the change itself.   This is so I can make better contributions in future.

I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks,

John McParland MIET CEng | System Architect, ODSC
Health Local and Scotland | CGI
CGI Ltd (UK)
Second Floor, Inovo Building, 121 George St, Glasgow, UK, G1 1RD
M: +44 7920 183 019
john.mcparland@cgi.com | www.cgi-group.co.uk

CGI IT UK Limited. A CGI Group Inc. Company
Registered Office: 250 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading RG2 6UA,
United Kingdom. Registered in England & Wales - Number 947968

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Proprietary/Confidential Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for delivery of this message to such person), or you think for any reason that this message may have been addressed to you in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message to anyone else. In such case, you should destroy this message and are asked to notify the sender by reply e-mail.

Re: Review of KNOX-757

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks John! It is always great to see someone pick up a Jira and
contribute a patch. The Knox community welcomes you and looks forward to
more contributions from you. I will try and get to the review as soon as I
can. We are in the process of wrapping up the 0.10.0 release and if you
wish you can also download the RC and help with verification.

Thanks again and welcome to the community!

Sumit.