Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com> on 2001/07/05 23:06:10 UTC

web.xml and taglibs

I've got a custom tag library that works on my devel system (win32, tomcat
by itself), but
when I go over to the production system (unixware, apache->mod_jk->tomcat)
my library doesn't
seem to be working.  I'm using the following entry in the web.xml file:

    <taglib>
      <taglib-uri>/cditaglib</taglib-uri>
      <taglib-location>cditaglib.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>

And here's the contents of the cditaglib.tld file (without the xml header
stuff):

	<taglib>
	        <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
	        <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
	        <shortname>cdi</shortname>
	        <uri>/</uri>
      	  <info>CDI's tag libraries</info>

	        <tag>
	                <name>checkpriv</name>
	                <tagclass>com.cdi.taglib.security.CheckPriv</tagclass>
	                <info>This simple tag will implement security
checking</info>
	                <attribute>
	                        <name>privledge</name>
	                        <required>true</required>
	                </attribute>
	        </tag>

	        <tag>
	                <name>isadmin</name>
	                <tagclass>com.cdi.taglib.security.IsAdmin</tagclass>
	                <info>This simple tag will implement security
checking</info>
	        </tag>
	</taglib>

This is the same as in the file on the dev machine (which works).  I've
tried putting the
entry both into the web app's web.xml and the "master" web.xml.  It doesn't
seem to be seeing
it either way, nor does it give any error messages.  Does anyone have any
ideas what I can
look at next?  Or should I upgrade tomcat perhaps?  Or is there a debug
setting I can turn
up?

Also if anyone wants/needs to see

--mikej