Posted to user@flume.apache.org by jia jimin <ji...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/28 08:44:14 UTC

Questions about using Cloudera Flume to move data

Hi there,

We'd like to upload data from a client to Hadoop using Cloudera Flume.  But
we have some questions about it :

1.  If our client and server machine are both installed on windows, will
Flume works well ?   Any windows installer on both client and server side ?
 We have hadoop installed on windows.

2.  We want to collect event logs such as perf counter data which is not in
a file format,  Is there anyway to upload this kind of format data to HDFS
?

3.  Our client machine changes dynamically every day (recycle old machine
or add new machines),  How to let master know the client node has changed ?
 Are there any configurations we can change dynamically ?

Thanks very much for looking at these !

Regards
Benjamin