Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alex Jacoby <ae...@isr.umich.edu> on 2008/08/01 15:23:24 UTC

Re: Direclty using parent's compoundpropertymodel not possible ?

I think we're talking about two different things:  I was talking about
trying to access the model of a parent component, it sounds like
you're talking about trying to access the model of a superclass.

In the case I'm talking about, you can't access the inherited model in
your constructor because your object hasn't been added to the parent
component yet (it will be added after the constructor runs).
Therefore you need to wait until onBeforeRender to do initialization
that depends on inspecting the inherited model.

Hope that helps,
Alex